Boston, MA ~ 1899 This towering Beacon Hill residence yielded four complete stories of softwood floor joists. Lumber from the building was carefully saved during this gut-rehab project and will be recycled into flooring, tabletops, and wall paneling.
Warwick, RI ~ 1875 The old-growth Heart Pine timbers used to frame Warwick’s Elizabeth Mill building have been carefully removed from the demolition rubble and salvaged for resaw into flooring by Longleaf Lumber.
Plainville’s 2 East Bacon isn’t your typical construction project – even by our standards. Situated on the corner of this sleepy Massachusetts’ town’s South and East Bacon streets, this development is an exercise in community building and sustainability.
Taftville, CT ~ 1866 Renovations of Taftville’s historic Ponemah Mills yielded jaw-dropping reclaimed American chestnut beams. Longleaf Lumber salvaged and recycled the hand-hewn timbers into flooring, paneling, and other reclaimed wood millwork products.
An unusually snowy winter makes working outdoors at Longleaf’s Berwick, ME reclaimed lumber mill more or less fun, depending on your personality type.
New Enterprise, PA ~ 19th Century This 19th century Pennsylvania grist mill yielded thousands of board feet of reclaimed white oak lumber.
DEDHAM, MA ~ 1880 In a delicate salvage operation, Longleaf Lumber reclaimed hundreds of ash wood church pews from the basement of St. Mary of the Assumption church in Dedham, MA. Construction of St. Mary’s began with the laying of a cornerstone by Archbishop John J. Williams in 1880. The cornerstone ceremony attracted hundreds of … Read More
Boston, MA ~ 1804 Situated directly across from the golden dome of the Massachusetts State House, this historic Beacon Hill structure yielded thick and heavy eastern white pine interior sheathing boards.
Local furniture maker Martin Conserva took this salvaged redwood slab table to the next level with glass beads, epoxy, and accompanying custom chairs.
Andover, MA ~ 19th Century First built out in 1807, Andover’s Abbot Mill site was originally a woolen mill operated by brothers Abel and Pasehel Abbot. Since then, the site and buildings have played host to a number of manufacturing and industrial uses.