Longleaf Lumber is seeking a full-time sales representative to work from our Cambridge, MA showroom. Position is weekday 9:00AM-5:00PM, with one Saturday 9:00AM-1:00PM per month. Customers range from small craftspeople and DIYers to large contractors, architects, and design institutions. Salesperson must be punctual, self-directed, outgoing, and patient. Experience in lumber and/or floor coverings industry preferred. Fine arts, engineering, architectural, home design, or technical backgrounds preferred, but not required.
- Previous professional sales experience
- Experience with high-value sales items, home decor, or building materials a plus
- An appreciation for sustainability and familiarity with LEED building principles
- Strong basic math skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to read architectural/engineering drawings
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Quickbooks
- Maintain long-term relationships and build new ones
- Attend to walk-in customers and field inquiries via phone and e-mail
- Prepare and ship attractive, targeted sample materials for customers
- Timely preparation of customer paperwork
- Prepare finished goods for shipping and track product to customer
- Maintain sales and inventory records
- Maintain showroom and sample stock
Competitive salary based upon experience. One-two weeks paid vacation. Annual profit-sharing bonuses based on performance. Health and dental insurance offered.
This is a high-performance position at a growing company with opportunities for enthusiastic and competitive individuals to expand their role/responsibilities. We are a team-oriented organization that values social and environmental responsibility, respect, and a strong work ethic.
No phone calls. E-mail résumé and cover letter to info [-at-] longleaflumber.com.