Boston, MA ~ 1889 This week, Longleaf recovered several trailerloads of reclaimed wood salvaged from the former regional headquarters of the Church of Scientology, Boston’s historic Hooper Mansion. This 1889 brownstone rests in the center of the Back Bay neighborhood and boasts a history worthy of a BBC miniseries.
Boston, MA ~ 1899 This towering Beacon Hill residence yielded four complete stories of softwood floor joists. Lumber from the building was carefully saved during this gut-rehab project and will be recycled into flooring, tabletops, and wall paneling.
Warwick, RI ~ 1875 The old-growth Heart Pine timbers used to frame Warwick’s Elizabeth Mill building have been carefully removed from the demolition rubble and salvaged for resaw into flooring by Longleaf Lumber.
Taftville, CT ~ 1866 Renovations of Taftville’s historic Ponemah Mills yielded jaw-dropping reclaimed American chestnut beams. Longleaf Lumber salvaged and recycled the hand-hewn timbers into flooring, paneling, and other reclaimed wood millwork products.
New Enterprise, PA ~ 19th Century This 19th century Pennsylvania grist mill yielded thousands of board feet of reclaimed white oak lumber.
Dedham, MA ~ 1880 In a delicate salvage operation, Longleaf Lumber reclaimed hundreds of ash wood church pews from the basement of St. Mary of the Assumption church in Dedham, MA.
Boston, MA ~ 1804 Situated directly across from the golden dome of the Massachusetts State House, this historic Beacon Hill structure yielded thick and heavy eastern white pine interior sheathing boards.
Andover, MA ~ 19th Century First built out in 1807, Andover’s Abbot Mill site was originally a woolen mill operated by brothers Abel and Pasehel Abbot. Since then, the site and buildings have played host to a number of manufacturing and industrial uses.
Springfield, MA ~ 1917 Now an open-air parking lot, 1 Extract Place was one of the only structures built on this Springfield dead-end street.
Boston, MA ~ 1850 One of our smallest ever sources of reclaimed wood, this 2,184 square foot end-row brownstone sits between Hanson and Milford Street in Boston’s South End neighborhood.