EVERETT, MA Longleaf Lumber salvaged Heart Pine beams from this tasty factory, returning them to use as flooring, countertops, and other reclaimed wood products.
LACONIA, NH ~ 19th Century The town of Laconia has been visited by outsiders since 1652. Visitors were initially explorers, then settlers, business entrepreneurs, and industrial-age American and immigrant workers. In our time, the area continues to attract visitors, more often in the form of tourists and motorcycle enthusiasts during the well-known annual ‘Bike Week.’ … Read More
ONEIDA, NY ~1879 Longleaf Lumber has salvaged flooring and timbers from the old National Casket Company factory in Oneida, New York. Built in 1879, the company became the second largest coffin and undertaker supply manufacturer in the United States. In 1967, the company ceased operations at their Oneida factory, continuing to produce caskets on a … Read More
HOLYOKE, MA ~ 1879 Nonotuck Paper was one of the original paper mills constructed in Holyoke, Massachusetts – “Paper City.” The company’s buildings were beautifully built brick and timber affairs with exquisite slate roofs, which never once failed in the 121 years before dismantling began. Longleaf Lumber has salvaged the original white pine roof decking … Read More
Fort Point Channel, South Boston, MA Longleaf Lumber has reclaimed Heart Pine beams from this former industrial building in the up-and-coming Fort Point Channel neighborhood of South Boston, Massachusetts.
HOLYOKE, MA ~ 1866 In 1865, the thread manufacturing firm Merrick, Bro. & Co. moved their operations from Connecticut to Holyoke, Massachusetts. This location afforded water-power that would allow them to enlarge their business and manufacture a higher quality of six-cord thread used at that time by sewing machines. Soon after their relocation, they changed … Read More
BOSTON, MA ~ 1891 This 1891 Cigar Factory Building was built as a five-story structure by Edgar Allen Poe Newcomb for the manufacturing of cigars by Alles & Fisher, a cigar company founded in Cambridge, MA in 1863. They occupied the building until 1918, when they ceased cigar production. Their retail store operated on the street … Read More