Longleaf Lumber is built upon an ethos of sustainability and quality. Reducing, reusing, and recycling have always been cornerstone values of our business, and we are constantly achieving savings in energy, reducing waste, and reusing materials. Beyond sourcing only reclaimed and salvaged wood, we recycle manufacturing byproducts such as wood scraps, mill cut-offs, and de-nailing waste, upcycle 100% of our sawdust, heat our mill with our own wood waste, and use recycled shipping and packaging materials.
Because every board and beam we mill is guaranteed reclaimed wood, our products are eligible to contribute a number of LEED points to a project. Credits that Longleaf Lumber reclaimed wood products are eligible for include:
- MR Credit 3: Materials Reuse: 1-2 Points
- MR Credit 5: Regional Materials: 1-2 Points
Other recycled and sustainable flooring products sold by Longleaf Lumber offer opportunities for LEED points.
- MR Credit 4: Recycled Content: 1-2 Points
- MR Credit 6: Rapidly Renewable Materials: 1 Point
- MR Credit 7: Certified Wood: 1 Point
- IEQ Credit 4.3: Low-Emitting Materials—Flooring Systems: 1 Point
- IEQ Credit 4.4: Low-Emitting Materials—Composite Wood and Agrifiber Products: 1 Point
- Innovation and Design Process- ID: 1-4 Points